The other day I posted my ‘Top Ten Tips for Artists’ on the Artjunky facebook page, and it generated quite a response, so I thought I would also post it here. These are things to remember when you feel down or discouraged.
- Never compare yourself to other artists. What you do is unique.
- Draw to please you, not others, and be true to yourself.
- Don’t feel jealous of others apparent ‘success’, it’s rarely the true story.
- Don’t create work because you think it will sell, people will see through it.
- Take a walk every day.
- Read a book, visit a museum.
- Support other artists, we all need all the help we can get.
- Remember to eat, and drink plenty, the brain doesn’t work well without nourishment.
- Don’t be afraid of a blank page, just start drawing, the ideas will come.
- Keep a sketchbook, keep it with you, and draw every day.
If you also have some, then please post them here. Thank you